Email is the most common form of communication in the 21st century. It’s also one of the most common forms of information leakage and data loss. Millions of companies, educational institutions, and individuals use email as their primary means of communication. If you manage email accounts, you know how important it is to be on top of your email inbox. Fortunately, with Outlook, it’s easy to recall emails in Outlook for Mac. Recalling an email in Outlook is the act of temporarily removing an email from your Inbox and hiding it from the rest of your inbox. Once the email is removed, you’re able to retrieve it at any later date. This article will teach you how to recall emails in Outlook for Mac.
How To Recall An Email In Outlook Mac?
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Click the Starred tab at the bottom of your inbox.
- Right-click on the email you’d like to recall and select Recall from Library.
- You will now see a pop-up asking you if you’re sure that you want to remove this message. Click Yes and the email will be removed from your Inbox and placed in your Outbox folder.
- To retrieve an email in Outlook for Mac, simply click on any item in the Outbox folder and it will be moved back into your inbox automatically! If a message is not retrieved automatically, simply open that message, and click on Tools > Options > Mail > Viewing Options. Checkmark Recover Unread Items (you may have to checkmark all four options) and click OK.
- You’re now able to view and edit the email again in Outlook for Mac.
- To quickly retrieve an email that you’ve previously removed from your Inbox, click on the Outbox folder and select the message you’d like to retrieve.
- Click on Tools > Options > Mail > Viewing Options and checkmark Recover Unread Items (you may have to checkmark all four options) and click OK.
- A new pop-up window will appear asking if you’re sure you want to recover this message. Click Yes and the email will be moved back into your inbox automatically!
Set Outlook Email Accounts
- Open Outlook for Mac and click on the File menu to open the File menu.
- Click on Options from the File menu.
- Click on Accounts to display a list of all your Outlook email accounts in Outlook for Mac.
- Select the account that you want to recall an email form and click on it to highlight it in green.
- Click on More > Recipients > Add Recipient or Recipient Groups to add a new or existing group of users to make sure they receive emails from you by default when you send them an email message in Outlook for Mac.
- If you’re adding a new group, enter the name of your new recipient group and click Add Group. If you’re adding an existing group, enter a name for your recipient group and click Save. The name will appear in the Group field. You can also change its name directly by using the Rename button at the bottom of your screen, typing new letters in the box, and pressing Return to update your name.
How To Recall An Email In Outlook For Mac
- Open your email account. For Outlook for Mac, choose the “Mail” icon from the Dock.
- Once you’re in your email account, find the email you want to recall. Click on it and drag it down to the bottom of your inbox until it’s below all of your other emails.
- With that email selected, use the “Options” button in the top-right corner of your inbox and select “Remove from Inbox”.
- That’s all there is to it! Your email will disappear from your inbox for a few seconds (the time depends on how many emails you have). When you go back to look at your inbox, you’ll see that the email has been removed from there and is no longer visible in any way. In most cases, this will be enough time for you to grab that message off of Google or wherever else it’s stored before someone else does so again (if they haven’t already deleted it themselves). If you’d like a little more control, you can also choose to “Mark as Read” the email.
Remove Unwanted Emails From Outlook
- Open Outlook for Mac and select the email you wish to recall.
- Right-click on the email, and select “Mark as Unread” to mark it as unread.
- Now, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight “Mark as Read” and press Enter.
- Select “Mark as Unread” from the pop-up menu that appears after clicking “Mark as Read.”
- Select “Unarchive” from the pop-up menu that appears after clicking Mark all unread items in your inbox.
- You will now see a new option in your list of emails called Archived Items that contains all of your archived emails or messages (depending on how you set up Outlook). As shown above, this option can be found at the bottom of your inbox list (under Archived Items). Clicking it will automatically display all of your archived emails in a separate window, as shown below.
- Select the email you wish to recall and click “Open Archive” on the left side of the screen.
- As shown above, Outlook will now display a new window showing all of your archived emails in an easy-to-read format. You can click on any email in this window to view it as it was when you archived it.
- To access your archived emails at a later time, simply select the email and click “Open Archive” again to return to your regular inbox list and retrieve your email from there. You can also delete the archived messages from this window by clicking “Delete All Unarchived Items” at the bottom of each archive window or by clicking “Delete Selected Items” directly on their respective names in this window (as shown above).
Create Folders And Tags
- First, you need to create a folder to store your email. The folder will be the home for all of your emails. It’s important that you create a folder for each type of email account you manage.
- Next, use the “New Folder” option in the File menu to create a new folder. Name the new folder and give it any name that makes sense to you.
- Once you’ve created a new folder, select it and click on “New Tag” in the “File” menu to create a tag for this folder. Name this tag anything that makes sense to you. Tags are very useful when it comes time to search through your inbox later on because Outlook will search through all of your folders and tags when searching through messages on your computer.
- Finally, select the newly created tag from the “Tag” drop-down list in the “View/Folder Options” menu. Click on “OK” to save the new tag.
As you can see, it’s easy to recall emails in Outlook for Mac. With this handy tip, you’re able to easily recall emails from your inbox. Plus, thanks to the power of Outlook, you can set up multiple email accounts and easily remove unwanted emails from your inbox.