Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today. Millions of people use Instagram to keep tabs on what their friends are up to, keep track of special events such as weddings and birthdays, and even share short videos called “stories” with the community. If you’ve got an Instagram account, you’re most likely already aware that you can use it to promote your business. In fact, more and more businesses are turning to Instagram to connect with customers and grow their brands. But what you may not know is that there are actually ways to remove yourself from an Instagram account or in some cases, re-set up a new account from scratch. Read on to see how to remove yourself from an Instagram account, or how to set up a new one from scratch.
How To Remove Accounts On Instagram?
There are many reasons to delete your Instagram account, but it’s not easy to delete your account permanently from the app. You have the option of deactivating your account, but then you can easily reactivate it again whenever you want.
Here are 10 ways to remove accounts on Instagram:
- Delete Your Account Permanently: The first thing you need to do is go to Settings and tap on the “Your Account” option, then select the “Delete Your Account” option from the list. You will be asked for a reason for deleting your account, so write down anything that comes to mind and click on the “Next” button. Now you will be asked if you want to delete your account immediately or in the next 14 days. Choose the option that suits you, and click on the “Next” button.
- Delete Your Account Permanently Using Phone: The second way to delete your account is by using your phone. You need to go to Settings>Accounts>Instagram>Delete My Account and tap on the “Yes, Delete My Account” option.
- Delete Your Account Permanently Using Web Browser: You can also use a web browser to delete your Instagram account permanently. Go to www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/?acc=your_id and enter your username in the text box and click on the “Request Deletion” button.
- Change Your Username: If you have changed your username before, then you can change it again from Settings > General > About > Username and then click on the “Change username” button. Make sure you have backed up your account data before doing this.
- Delete Your Instagram Account Using Third-Party Tool: There are numerous third-party tools available on the internet, which can help you to delete your account. You can download one of these tools and then use it to delete your account permanently.
- Reset Your Instagram Password: If you forgot your Instagram password, then you can reset it by going to Settings > General > Change Password and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Make sure that you do not forget the new password.
- Change Your Email Address: If you want to change your email address, then go to Settings>General>Accounts>Email Addresses and enter a new email address in the text box and click on the “Update Email” button. You will be asked if want to confirm your new email address or not. Click on the “Yes” button in both cases, so that no one else can use your old email address.
- Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently: If you are sure that you do not want to use Instagram ever again, then go to Settings>General>Accounts>Delete My Account option. Now click on the “Yes, Delete My Account” button.
- Delete Your Instagram Account Temporarily: If you want to delete your Instagram account temporarily and then, later on, log in with the same username, then go to Settings>General>Accounts>Delete My Account option. Now click on the “Temporary Deletion” button.
- Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently Using Web Browser: You can also use a web browser to delete your Instagram account permanently. Go to www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/?acc=your_id and enter your username in the text box and click on the “Request Deletion” button.
What Is Instagram?
Instagram is a free-to-use social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos with a community of followers. Users can create an account on the app, add followers, comment on other people’s posts, set up a private or public feed, and share their own posts. It’s similar to Facebook and Pinterest in that sense, but it’s much faster and easier to use. Instagram’s mobile app is one of the most used in the world and is available on a wide range of devices. It also has a standalone app for Android and iOS devices.
Why Remove Yourself From An Instagram Account?
There are some reasons for which you would want to delete your Instagram account. There are basically two reasons for which you can delete your Instagram account. One is that you have created an Instagram account by mistake and the second one is that you don’t like the way Instagram works anymore. Here are some of the reasons why removing yourself from an Instagram account is a good idea:
- If You Have Made a Mistake: Sometimes, people create an account on Instagram by mistake or they join in with the wrong purpose. In such cases, it would be better to remove yourself from the account as soon as possible
- If You Don’t Use It Anymore: Over time, people realize that they don’t use their accounts on social media sites anymore and they just have them for no reason at all. In such cases, it would be better to remove yourself from an Instagram profile
- If You Have Too Many Accounts: People sometimes make more than one Instagram profile because they want to use them for different purposes. However, this can be confusing for others and it can also look bad for you. If you have more than one Instagram account, then it would be better to remove yourself from one of them
- If You Have Made Some Bad Posts: Sometimes, people post things on Instagram that they later regret. If you have posted something that you don’t like anymore, then it would be better to remove yourself from the account so that no one can see those posts anymore
- If Your Account Has Been Hacked: Sometimes, your account can get hacked by someone else and they might post something bad on your behalf. In such cases, it would be better to delete your account as soon as possible so that no one else can see those posts
- If You Have Been Bullied Online: Sadly, there are some people who bully other people online just because they find it fun or entertaining. If you have been bullied online and you don’t want to face those bullies anymore, then it would be better to delete your Instagram account
- If You Have Joined by Mistake: Many people join Instagram accounts without even knowing what they are for or how they work. In such cases, it would be better to remove yourself from the account as soon as possible.
There is no doubt that Instagram has become one of the most popular social media services on the internet today. If you want to join Instagram, then you have to create an account for yourself because it is not possible to use the service without having an account. However, if you don’t want to use Instagram anymore and want to delete your account or if you want to delete someone else’s account, then it is not hard at all. You just have to follow a few simple steps and within a few minutes, your account will be deleted.