You’ve heard about TikTok watermarking before, but did you know there was a simple way to get rid of it? You may have heard the company’s name mentioned in conjunction with a scandal or two, but you might not have realized they were the watermarking company behind the popular app.If that name rings a bell, that’s probably because you’ve heard about TikTok before. The popular photo- and video-sharing app TikTok was recently in the news for its watermark removal policy. The policy stemmed from a lawsuit, where the company was accused of censoring users who uploaded videos that featured a watermark. The policy has since been withdrawn. Here’s how to remove the watermark from TikTok.
How To Remove TikTok Watermark
There are a few things you can do to remove TikTok’s watermark from your videos, but it will take some time and effort on your part. Here are some suggestions, that you should weigh against the amount of time you have available:
- Request a refund of your TikTok subscription fee – remember that the app is free, but users must pay in order to upload content onto the app. If you don’t want to pay for that privilege anymore, request a refund through Apple or Google Play by logging into your account on those platforms and finding out how to get one there (it should be pretty easy).
- You can also do what some other TikTok users have done – create a new account with a new email address. This is only advisable if you want to start over from scratch and don’t mind losing all of your previous work.
- Another option is to use an app that can remove the watermark from videos on TikTok. There are several apps available for this purpose, including Watermark Removal for TikTok, tiktok remover, and Remove Watermarks for TikTok Videos.
- If you don’t want to use an app or lose your account, you can also try to crop the watermark out of your videos and use those – this way you will be able to continue using your account while still removing the watermark.
- You can also try contacting TikTok support to see if they will remove the watermark for you.
- If you want to get rid of the watermark permanently, you can also try changing your device’s date to a time when the app wasn’t watermarked – this is only advisable if you know how to do it and are comfortable with changing your device’s date, as doing so incorrectly can have some very serious consequences (it could even cause your phone to stop working entirely).
- Finally, you can always just wait a while until TikTok stops putting watermarks on videos – they don’t seem to be doing it anymore now, after all.
What Is TikTok Watermarking?
- TikTok is a mobile social media app that allows users to create and share short videos. The platform has been likened to the popular musical.ly, which also uses a similar format for sharing content. TikTok has been downloaded over one billion times on Android devices alone.
- In order to monetize its content, the company watermarks all videos uploaded to the app with their logo, as well as a copyright notice.
- The company’s watermarking policy stipulated that all videos containing copyrighted material must be removed from the app or face being deleted by the company’s moderators.
- To make matters worse, copyrighted material was defined in a very broad manner by TikTok – any use of music in your video could be grounds for removal of your content and/or termination of your account. All of this was done without any consultation with users who had invested significant amounts of time into creating their content on an app they had paid for in full – and for which they were not compensated in any way.
- The company’s watermark removal policy caused outrage amongst the userbase, who had to question why they were being forced to remove a watermark from their videos when other sites such as YouTube and Instagram do not mandate the same.
How To Remove TikTok Watermark From Videos
- First, you need to download a video converter. We recommend VLC Media Player.
- Once you’ve downloaded the video converter, open it and load the video file that has the watermark on it.
- Once the watermarked video is loaded into the converter, set the output format to “MP4” and save it to your desktop or somewhere that is easy for you to find again later.
- Now open your browser and go to https://tiktok-video-downloader.com/ .
- In the input box, paste in the link of your watermarked TikTok video and click “Download” at the bottom of your screen after you have entered in all of the information correctly into the input box on tik tok-video-downloader website (make sure you put http:// at the beginning of your link).
- After clicking download, you will be directed to a new screen which will tell you that your download is in progress.
- You can now go back to your video converter and open the file you created earlier.
- Now open the video converter again, load up the file, and set the output format to “AVI” (or whatever format you like).
- Now that you have saved your watermarked video as an AVI, you can upload it to any platform that supports AVI files (like YouTube).
- Once you have uploaded your watermarked AVI onto your preferred platform, delete it from your desktop or wherever you saved it on your computer and then empty out the trash so that it doesn’t take up space on your computer.
- Congrats! You have successfully removed TikTok watermarks from videos!
How To Remove TikTok Watermark From Photos
- Download an app. There are a few apps out there that help you remove TikTok watermark from your photos. The one we like is called “Remove Watermark” (there are several other apps with the same name, but this is the one we recommend).
- Open your photo, then tap the photo to make it fill up the screen. Tap ‘Edit’ in the top-right corner.
- Select ‘Crop’ from the menu on your screen, then adjust your image to fit into a square or circle (if you want). You can also use this tool to rotate or flip your image if you wish to do so.
- When you’re done, tap ‘Done’ in the top-right corner of the screen and save it as a new file on your phone or tablet (you might want to create a new folder for this).
- Download an app that lets you remove TikTok watermark from photos. We like “Remove Watermark”. Open the app, then tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of your screen and select ‘Open image’.
- Select your photo, then tap ‘Proceed’ on the bottom of your screen (this will remove TikTok watermark from photos). You can also adjust how much you want to blur the image before saving it by tapping ‘Strength level’ or by sliding your finger up and down on the same screen (the more you slide to the right, the more you blur).
- Save it as a new file on your phone or tablet and share it with other apps on your phone or tablet (you can also save it as a new file in Google Drive or Dropbox if you want).
The above-mentioned tips and tricks will help you in removing the watermark from TikTok. However, if you are looking for a permanent solution to the problem, you can get rid of the watermark by changing your phone number. This way, you won’t have to keep on trying different methods on a regular basis.