If you want to work at Google, one of the most prestigious companies in the world, it takes more than just a resume and some experience. In order to get hired at a company like this, you need to be able to answer the question “Why do you want to work with us?” with conviction. While many people say that they want to work for Google because of its culture and prestige, I was actually completely unaware of these things until I had an interview for a job at Google. At first, I thought that what would be good about working there is that I would have the opportunity to learn new skills. What I learned as a result of my interview changed my mind forever.
Why do you want to work at Google?
At first, I thought that what would be good about working at Google would be the opportunity to learn new skills. But after my interview, I realized that this job was actually perfect for me because of the culture and prestige that comes with it.
What Does It Take To Get Hired By Google?
- Google is a global leader in technology, and we’re always looking for the best and brightest. We hire people from all sorts of backgrounds, but there are some things that make all successful Googlers have in common:
- We hire people who are passionate about working at Google. If you want to work at Google, you should be passionate about our mission to organize the world’s information. If you’re not passionate about our mission, then we probably aren’t a good fit for you.
- We hire people who are bright and capable of doing their best work. Our hiring process is designed to find those people by assessing your skills and helping us see if you have the right stuff to succeed at Google. It’s not easy – only about 1% of candidates get hired by Google – but if you can do your best work and love what we do, then we want to hear from you!
- We hire people who care about the impact they’ll make with their work. Google is a mission-driven company, and we’re serious about making the world a better place. We hire people who want to help us change the world.
- We hire people who aren’t afraid of challenges and know that our work is never done. Google is constantly evolving, which means even our most senior employees must continue to learn new things to keep up with the pace of change in our industry. Our hiring process is designed to help you demonstrate that you can learn and adapt, so we’ll know if you’re a fit for the Google culture.
- We hire people who are good at solving problems. Our products change all the time, and we need people who can solve complex problems with simple solutions. We hire people from a wide range of disciplines – from engineers to designers – so we know our employees have the skills and experience necessary to succeed in their roles.
- We hire people who are collaborative, friendly, and fun! Googlers are passionate about our work, but we also love to have fun and do great things together. We value diversity of background, perspective, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, family status, disability status, age, and religion.
What Did I Learn From My Interview With Google?
Google is the biggest company in the world and its hiring process is also very tough. But if you can make it through, it will be more than worth it for you. Here are some steps that may help you to get through.
Prepare for your Interview with Google- Know the company beforehand
1. Know About the Company:
Google is a multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, including online advertising technologies, search engines, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California. Together they own about 14 percent of its shares but control 56 percent of the stockholder voting power through supervoting stock. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. An initial public offering followed on August 19, 2004. Its mission statement from the outset was “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful”, and its unofficial slogan was “Don’t be evil”. In 2004, Google moved to its new headquarters in Mountain View, California, nicknamed the Googleplex.
2. Know about the position you are applying for:
This is very important because it will help you to prepare yourself for your interview with Google. You should know about the company’s mission statement and what they do exactly. You should also know about Google’s products and services.
3. Prepare some questions before your interview:
You can ask any question regarding the position you are applying for or even about their work environment, office policies, projects, etc. You can ask them anything as long as it is related to the job but make sure that you don’t ask them anything illegal or unethical for example if you want to know about their salary package or benefits then don’t ask them directly because it may look like you are trying to get some insider information.
4. Get your resume ready:
You must prepare your resume before you go for the interview because if you don’t have a resume then it will be very difficult for you to answer the questions related to your work experience. Prepare a good resume and cover letter that clearly states all your skills, achievements, and qualifications.
5. Prepare yourself mentally:
This is very important because if you want to succeed in Google’s interview then you should be mentally prepared for it. You should think positively and also try to increase your self-confidence so that when they ask you something, you can answer confidently without any hesitation or confusion.
6. Prepare yourself physically:
Before going for the interview with Google, make sure that your body is physically fit and well-rested because if you are tired or not feeling well then it will affect your performance in the interview so make sure that on the day of the interview with Google, you are energetic and fresh because they will definitely judge your performance based on how you look and how you behave.
7. Get yourself familiar with the place:
Try to visit the place where your interview will be held at least one day before the actual interview so that you can easily reach the place and know about the area. You should also know about the parking facilities available in that area because if there are no parking facilities then it will be very difficult for you to find a place to park your car. You should also know about all nearby places where you can get something to eat or drink if you feel hungry during your interview with Google because it will make you feel uncomfortable if someone sees you eating something at an inappropriate time.
What Are Some Ways That You Can Help Make The World Better While Working At Google? Step By Step
Here are four examples of how we’re working together to make the world better today.
- We help people connect to information about their health and medical history. Google Health is a free service that lets you store and organize your medical records online, empowering you to take control of your health information in partnership with your doctors. The service is available in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- We’re making it easier for people to get around by using technology in new ways. Google Maps helps people find their way using public transit, driving directions, and walking directions – all for free! The more than 150 million users who visit Google Maps every month have contributed over 10 million updates to our maps in the last 90 days alone – that’s more than 1,000 updates per minute!
- We help people stay in touch by providing access to email with Gmail, which has over 20 million users worldwide (including me!). Gmail makes it easy for users to manage multiple email accounts in one place, and people can use our search technology to find exactly the information they need from their email. We’ll even suggest places nearby that you can visit based on your email messages.
- We’re helping people save money by using technology to get better deals and coupons. Google Checkout, a free service from Google, provides a secure way for users to buy goods and services online using one account – no need for multiple credit card numbers.
After reading this blog post, you’ll understand what it will be like to work at Google and will have a better idea of what you need to do to get hired. I was hesitant about applying for a position at Google because I thought it was too good to be true. I had no idea what the process of interviewing would entail, but I was determined to pursue it in order to see what I would be up against. It turned out to be a very long and stressful process, but ultimately worth the effort. I applied and interviewed with Google, and now I’m an engineering manager at Google.