Eyelash extensions are an excellent way to add volume and length to your natural lashes, but they can be a real pain when you want to remove them. They’re not the easiest things in the world to get rid of, especially if you don’t want to take the time to do it properly. If you want to know how to remove eyelash extensions with vaseline, read on! Fortunately, at-home removal methods are much simpler than putting on extensions. If you’ve found yourself in this situation, rest assured that there are some easy ways to take them off. There are also some things that you should avoid doing if you want them gone fast! With that in mind, here are some helpful tips for removing your extensions with vaseline.
How To Remove Eyelash Extensions With Vaseline?
- Remove eyelash extensions by gently pulling them out with your fingers. Dip a cotton ball in some vaseline and hold it against the base of the extension. Apply pressure to the cotton ball until the glue is loosened, and then pull out the extensions.
- If your extensions have adhesive on both the lash band and adhesive strip, gently peel off the adhesive strip one row at a time starting from the lash band. Work your way up the extension. Replace any adhesive that falls off.
- If your extensions have adhesives only on one side, remove them by peeling them off in a straight line from the lash line to just above where they meet the eye.
- If your extensions have adhesives on both sides, use a pair of tweezers to remove them from each side of the lash line simultaneously. Do not pull too hard or you may damage your eyesight.
- If you can’t get to the adhesives with any of these methods, you can try boiling water in a pot or using a hairdryer set on hot to soften them up, and then remove them with a cotton ball soaked in warm water and rubbed over the glue area until it softens and comes off easily.
- If all else fails, you can go to an eyelash extension removal specialist who will use special tools to remove your extensions safely and without damaging your eyesight.
- Store your newly removed extensions in a cool, dry place for a few days to help them last longer.
- If you have any leftover adhesive, gently remove it with a cotton ball and a little bit of rubbing alcohol.
- If your eyelashes are thin and sparse, you may want to consider using a lash growth serum before using eyelash extensions to increase the likelihood of success.
- Finally, always keep in mind that no method is guaranteed to work for every person, so try several before choosing the one that is right for you.
Tips For Using Vaseline To Take Off Eyelash Extensions
- Start by coating your natural lashes with petroleum jelly or another lubricant. This will help make removing the extensions much easier.
- Next, start at the end of your natural lash line and cut away any excess extension material so that it only sticks to your lashes.
- Once you’ve done this all along your lash line, you can pull them out, starting from the root.
- At this point, they should just slide right off!
- You can also try trimming off any excess extension material before pulling them out if they’re extra long or bulky.
- Vaseline might not work if you have an adhesive bond instead of a lash glue bond. However, petroleum jelly is a popular and effective solution for many people.
- Always consult with a professional if you’re unsure about how to remove your extensions or if they’re not coming off easily.
- Vaseline is a petroleum jelly-based product, so please be aware of potential allergies to this substance.
- Keep in mind that Vaseline can cause skin irritation in some people, so always test it on a small area first.
- Finally, Vaseline can be used as a lip balm, moisturizer, or ointment, so there are many ways to use it!
Other 5 Ways To Remove Eyelash Extensions With Vaseline
1. Dip a cotton ball in Vaseline and place it on the lash extension. Gently remove the cotton ball after a few minutes.
2. Apply Vaseline to your fingertip and place it on the lash extension. Gently pull the lash extension off of your fingertip.
3. Squeeze a small amount of Vaseline onto your fingertip and rub it into the lash extension. Gently remove the lash extension from your fingertip.
4. Apply Vaseline to a Q-tip and dip it into Vaseline. Gently rub the Vaseline onto the lash extension and pull off the Q-tip after a few minutes.
5. Apply Vaseline to a lashes removal tool, such as an eyelash curler or eyelash brush, and gently remove the lash extension from your lashes
First, you need to prep your eyes. Use a gentle cleanser or oil-free eye makeup remover to remove any excess residue that may be on your natural lashes. You want to avoid pulling any of them out when removing the extensions. Next, you’ll apply vaseline or some other lubricating product around the lash line and gently pull the extensions off. If they are stubborn, use a cotton swab with warm water to help loosen them. Finally, wash your face as usual and use a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. **Bottom line:** If you want to remove eyelashes with vaseline, it’s not difficult at all! Simply prep the area and then apply some vaseline around the lash line and gently pull them off in that direction. Finally, wash your face and moisturize for healthy skin!