In today’s world, any creative person has the right to recognition. It is not difficult to find your audience. To do this, it is enough to create a unique work and show it to the public with the help of one of the platforms. Patreon is a service that allows you to publish different content and monetize it.
The main advantage of patreon is the absence of restrictions on the format of publications. It can be:
- online courses.
The mechanism of the service is simple. The viewer subscribes to the channel and pays a fee, which is the profit of the blogger. It is also possible to view individual publications, for which a separate fee is charged. As a rule, the prices for viewing content are affordable, although there are accounts with millions of subscribers who overcharge them.
A good option is to be able to share some skills with your subscribers for a donation. It can come in handy for practicing illustrators, as it allows you to build a connection with your viewers. In addition, publications of behind-the-scenes work are available to the owner of the page, which also affects audience loyalty.
This site can be a great start for developing a creative personality. Most bloggers end their careers because they simply can’t develop due to lack of finances. Patreon supports them and helps to find those who can appreciate the work in their own right.
From the point of view of bloggers, this platform has a user-friendly interface and it is easy to use. Content topics can be varied, which opens up a wide range of opportunities for creative people.
What Services Are Competitors To Patreon Today?
The search for patreon alternatives can interest both bloggers and viewers. Let’s look at the most popular of them:
- Bandcamp. This service allows musicians to post the fruits of their creativity, but this is where the capabilities of the platform end. The application will not suit artists or movie makers, as users can only use the music here.
- Ko-fi. If a blogger’s goal is to collect donations, then this service will definitely come in handy. It allows you to get donations from your audience in exchange for access to publications. The main difference from patreon is the sum the viewer has to pay.
- OnlyFans. This site is an analogue of patreon for 18+ users. In general, the principle of its work is similar, but the theme of the posts is different.
Despite its attractiveness, the platform also has some disadvantages. The first of them is the lack of opportunity to follow the publications without paying a fee. It is this reason that most often prompts users to look for analogues.
Why Do Bloggers Switch To Patreon’s Competitors?
Of course, the monetization system on patreon is attractive and promises great profits. In practice, not everyone is able to realize it. There are a number of reasons for this:
- The content is not interesting enough for the viewer;
- It is not possible to attract a solvent audience;
- It is difficult to retain those who are ready to pay on a regular basis.
It is difficult to develop a page on the platform without attracting external streams. You can create an account when your work is already known to the world and you already have a page, for example, on Instagram.
You should understand that there may not be any single sales here. You need to regularly generate content and analyze its effectiveness. Patreon offers a lot of tools for this.
In order to find your target audience on patreon, you need to have a completely unique product, which will be its value. If your pictures or photos are different from the general mass, you have good chances for monetization.