Facebook has become one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet. However, it’s also one of the most suggested for You on Facebook. This means that a lot of people want you to like or share something. If you don’t know how to stop suggesting content, we suggest reading this guide first.
How To Stop Suggested For You On Facebook
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your page and choose “Settings”
- Scroll down to the section that says “Activity Log”
- Underneath the heading “Who can look you up?”, select “Only Me” and then press the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of your page.
- Now you will only see content that you have liked or shared with other people on Facebook.
- To stop suggested content from appearing for others, click on their name in your timeline and then choose ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu that appears at the bottom of your screen. Choose to hide all recommended posts from them, as well as all recommended posts from their friends as well. This will help to keep them safe from any unwanted suggestions for a while longer!
What Is Suggested Content?
Suggested content is content that was recommended to you by someone else on Facebook. This can be anything from articles, photos, or videos. It can even be things that you didn’t know were recommended to you.
- Suggested posts are the posts that appear on your timeline that you have not liked or shared.
- Suggested posts are also known as “suggested stories” or “recommended content”.
- Suggested posts are similar to advertisements, but they appear on your timeline instead of in a newspaper or magazine.
- Suggested posts are not the same as ads that appear on your browser or mobile device.
- It is possible to stop suggested posts from appearing on your timeline by following these simple instructions.
- Suggested posts can be annoying, so you may want to disable them completely if they’re getting in your way.
How Do You Stop Recommended Content On Facebook?
There are a few ways you can stop suggested content on Facebook. One way is to be active on your Facebook page and post regularly. Another way is to use the “report content” function on your Facebook page. This will allow you to see all the content that has been recommended for you in a specific area of your page. You can then delete it or block it from appearing again.
- Open Facebook.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of your screen.
- On the left side of your screen, select Account Settings from the menu that appears.
- Scroll down to “Suggested Posts” and tap to open it.
- Scroll down and tap “Turn Off” to disable suggested content on Facebook for all users on your account. You can also do this by tapping on each individual user in the drop-down menu at the top of this section if you want to turn off recommended posts only for specific people on your account (for example, if you have a friend who posts recommended content, you can turn off recommended posts for her).
- To re-enable suggested content on Facebook, repeat these steps but choose “Turn On” instead of “Turn Off” under “Suggested Posts” when you are finished with these steps instead of turning off.
- Once you’re done, your suggested posts will be turned off and you won’t see them anymore on your timeline or on the news feed of other Facebook users.
What Happens When You Stop Recommended Content On Facebook?
If you stop recommended content on Facebook, your PAGE will no longer be recommended to friends and family. They will still be able to see your posts, but the content will no longer be included in their feed. This may not seem like a big deal at first, but it can have a significant impact on your reach and engagement. In addition, if you stop recommended content on Facebook, you won’t be able to get any new followers or promote your page through organic means.
Tips For Avoiding Suggested Posts On Facebook
- Don’t like or share any of the suggested posts that appear on your timeline.
- If you are in a group, it is possible to have the group administrator stop all suggested content from appearing on your timeline.
- You can also block people who send you suggested posts, but this can be risky because people who send you suggested content could be friends of your friends, and also because it is possible for them to get around the block by sending you a message or commenting on one of your posts.
- You can also use a browser extension like AdBlock Plus to block all ads from Facebook and other websites, including suggestions from Facebook that appear on your timeline.
- It is also possible to disable all suggested content by changing your news feed settings in Facebook, but this will mean that you will not be able to see any new posts or photos (Facebook recommends changing these settings only if you don’t want other people to see new photos or posts from you on your timeline).
- If you are a business and you want to stop people from seeing suggested posts on your Facebook page, then please read the guide below for more information about this.
- If you are a business and you want to see suggested posts on your Facebook page, then please read the guide below for more information about this.
- The guide below will show you how to stop all suggested content on Facebook so that it doesn’t get in your way anymore.
- We recommend that users who don’t know how to stop suggestions from appearing on their timeline read this guide first before trying any of the tips below.
Tips For Staying Safe On Facebook
- Do not let Facebook become your only source of news and information.
- Do not use Facebook as a way to vent or express yourself.
- Only use Facebook as a tool to keep in touch with family and friends, and to share things that you find interesting or useful with them.
- Use caution when commenting on someone else’s post (this is also known as “liking” or “sharing”). Keep your comments relevant and respectful, and avoid putting others down in any way.
- If you see content that you don’t like or agree with, do not share it or comment on it yourself; just skip over it instead (or block the person who posted it).
- If you are concerned about the privacy of a post, click on the privacy button at the bottom right of the post before sharing or liking it (this will allow you to choose whether people can see who shared/liked the post).
- If you see a post that you think is inappropriate, report it to Facebook.
- If you are receiving too many friend requests from people you don’t know and are concerned about your privacy, use the “request only friends” option (this will only let specific people send you friend requests).
- If someone posts something that upsets or offends you, and the person who posted the content does not respond or delete it, report it to Facebook instead of simply sharing or liking it yourself (this will help others learn about offensive or upsetting content).
If you’re like most people, you probably go through your day without even thinking about Facebook. But if you don’t like what you see, it’s easy to stop recommended content from appearing in your newsfeed. Look for recommended posts that are negative or that don’t align with your values. If you can’t find any posts that are negative, try to find posts that are only about how the post will help you or how it will save you time or money. If you still can’t stop recommended content from appearing, you can try to create your own content or post specific requests for feedback from your followers.