Do you have red hair, but your locks are turning a shade of brown? There are plenty of reasons why this change in color can take place, but it is important to know how to keep your hair from turning brown. Most commonly, the culprit for this change in color is oxidation. While there are many ways to prevent your hair from turning brown and keeping it healthy, there are also natural methods that can help. Here are ten easy ways to maintain your beautiful red hair.
How To Keep Natural Red Hair From Turning Brown
- Use a color protector to prevent oxidation. It is important to use a color-protecting shampoo, conditioner, and mask.
- Avoid heat styling your hair: avoid blow-drying, straightening, or curling your hair. If you must, use an oil-based styling product instead of a heat-based product.
- Protect your hair from UV rays: wear a hat or sunscreen when you go outside for extended periods of time and keep the UV rays away from your head by using a wide-brimmed hat or covering your head with scarves or hats when indoors.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that contains natural oils and plant extracts to help protect hair from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Avoid using hair straighteners and curling irons that can heat up your hair.
- Use a color-protecting shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair from turning brown.
- Eat a healthy diet: eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water, and avoid fried foods.
- Take care of your scalp: wash your hair less frequently to avoid drying out the scalp, but wash it regularly with a sulfate-free shampoo or conditioner to prevent dryness and damage to the scalp’s natural oils.
- Use a color-protecting cream or gel on your hair at least once a week.
- Use natural remedies: consider applying lemon juice on the scalp as an antidote for dryness due to too much washing or possible loss of moisture due to over-washing because it helps in maintaining the natural oils present in the scalp and prevents it from turning brown or gray due to oxidation by removing oxygen from the hair follicles.
What Is Oxidation?
Oxidation is the process of a chemical reaction or physical change in which an oxidizing agent removes electrons from atoms, molecules, or ions and transfers them to another substance. Oxidization can also refer as an oxidation-reduction reaction.
How Does Oxidation Take Place?
Oxidation is the chemical process that turns hair a brown color. Oxidation is caused by frequent sun exposure and other external factors, such as pollution.
A diet full of fruits and vegetables can help prevent oxidation from occurring in your hair. Additionally, you should drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and oxygenated.
Get a good night’s sleep
Getting enough sleep will help you maintain a healthy body while minimizing the amount of stress it has to process. A lack of sleep can lead to hormonal changes in your body which contribute to hair turning brown.
Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
Sulfates are detergents that strip the natural oils from your scalp, which can cause dryness and damage the skin. If you use a shampoo or conditioner that does not contain sulfates, your scalp will be protected from the harmful effects of oxidation.
Eat a healthy diet
A healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, and water will help keep your body hydrated and oxygenated so that it can maintain a healthy balance in its systems. A lack of adequate hydration can lead to hormonal changes in your body which contribute to hair turning brown. If you’re drinking enough water, there is no need to add more because plenty of water is already being consumed by the body through food intake; however, if you are not drinking enough water, you can start by cutting back on the amount of salt and bread and pasta you eat.
Ways To Keep Your Red Hair Healthy And Vibrant
- There are a few different ways to prevent your red hair from turning brown. One way is by increasing your intake of antioxidants. These include vitamin C, vitamin A, and beta-carotene. You can also up the circulation of oxygen to your head with certain methods, like jogging outdoors more frequently or doing more cardio exercises at the gym.
- Making sure you eat a healthy diet is also important for keeping your hair healthy and preventing it from turning brown. Eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains is highly recommended. Additionally, drinking plenty of water is helpful for those who want to keep their red hair vibrant and beautiful.
- If you want to add moisture back into your hair without coloring it again, you can use coconut oil as a natural conditioner once every few weeks. Make sure that you’re using virgin coconut oil so that any chemicals have been removed from the product in order to preserve the integrity of your hair’s natural oils. This will also help with styling as well as adding shine to dry ends.
- If you want to prevent your red hair from turning brown, you can use coconut oil as a natural conditioner once every few weeks. Make sure that you’re using virgin coconut oil so that any chemicals have been removed from the product in order to preserve the integrity of your hair’s natural oils. This will also help with styling as well as adding shine to dry ends.
- Hair color is a lot more than just a haircut and a dye job. It is important for people who want their hair to look healthy and vibrant because it can be damaged by various factors including the sun and even certain medications. The ways in which we can keep our hair healthy are numerous, but the most important way of doing so is by eating healthy foods, exercising frequently, and drinking plenty of water.
Natural Ways To Avoid Turning Brown Hair.
- Eat the right foods: Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, to avoid the intake of processed food, which is full of chemicals that are damaging for your hair.
- Drink lots of water: Drinking enough water can keep your body hydrated, and it will also help you stay oxygenated, which is important in avoiding contamination from the air.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Getting enough sleep will help you maintain a healthy body while minimizing the amount of stress it has to process. A lack of sleep can lead to hormonal changes in your body which contribute to hair turning brown.
- Wash your hair less often: Washing your hair less often will prevent it from drying out. Your hair will also be less prone to oxidation if you wash it less frequently.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfates are detergents that strip the natural oils from your scalp, which can cause dryness and damage.
- Avoid dry shampoo: Dry shampoo can contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair, as it removes some of the natural oils from your scalp.
- Lose weight: Being overweight can lead to poor nutrition in your body, which will make you more prone to oxidative damage of the hair.
Finding the best way to avoid turning brown hair can be difficult. Here are some tips to help you keep your red hair healthy and vibrant.