Netflix is a great streaming service that offers tons of great content, but sometimes you may want to delete your profile from the site. Maybe you’re sharing a Netflix account with someone else, and you don’t want them to be able to see your viewing history, or maybe you just don’t use Netflix anymore and want to get rid of your account. Whatever the reason, deleting your profile is actually very easy! In this guide, we will walk you through the steps on how to delete your Netflix profile.
How To Delete Profile On Netflix
Netflix is a very popular online streaming service that caters to a wide variety of audiences. Every member gets their own profile when signing up, and can add up to five more profiles for other family members or friends.
However, there might be certain circumstances in which you no longer want your information on the site. You can either delete or deactivate your account through your settings page.
To delete the account:
- Log into your Netflix account.
- list of profiles is displayed; click on the one you want to delete.
- Click the “Your Account” button at the top of the page and select “Account Details”.
- Scroll down to Memberships & Playback and click on “Manage Profiles.” Here is where you will see all of the profiles that you have created for Netflix. You can choose which ones you want to delete or keep by checking off the boxes next to them (this works easier if you only have one profile).
- At the bottom of this section, it says how many profiles are available on your account. Once you hit the limit, you cannot create any more profiles — even if they appear available on your list.
To deactivate the account:
-Go to “Your Account” by clicking on your name in the top right corner of any Netflix page
-Scroll down until you find the “Deactivate Profile” section and click on it
-Enter the password and confirm the deletion by clicking “yes.”
-Pretty much as deleting it, but you’ll have to sign up again if you want to use the website. You can also reactivate your account from this same location.
Navigate To Netflix.Com And Sign In
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
You must be logged into Netflix before you can access its content outside of your home country. This just takes a moment to set up an account online, don’t worry, it isn’t difficult at all! Just follow these steps to stream Netflix from another location:
- Visit Netflix.com in the URL bar of your web browser and press “Ctrl + Shift + Delete” (or “Cmd + Shift + Delete” on a Mac).
- Click “Create new login” at the bottom of the popup window. Login with an existing login, or click “Sign up for Netflix”. Fill out all the required fields to create a personal account; this is also known as creating your own user profile. You can enter your name, email address, address details, and phone number if you like – it’s completely up to you! Make sure that you are logged in to an active email account when you try to create a new account.
- Fill out the “Create your password” form – make sure that your password is long and complex to keep your personal information secure! You can also opt-in for Netflix’s exclusive offers available by email, but this is optional. Enter a valid phone number if you would like to receive verification SMS alerts when logging in from a new location.
Once these steps have been successfully completed, you should be able to access numerous titles from the US catalog on Netflix.com from any web browser installed on your computer or Android device. Signing up for an account with Netflix is free of charge and only takes a few minutes! In addition, there are no commitments required! If at any time you decide that you don’t like the service, you can cancel your subscription immediately and without penalty.
Click On The Profile Icon In The Top Right Corner Of The Screen.
Netflix is the world’s best streaming service for movies and TV shows, but it can sometimes be difficult (if not impossible) for customers to find or figure out how to use their accounts. To solve this common problem, Netflix has created an easy-to-use menu system that is accessible from any device at any time. Here are the steps you need to take in order to sign in to your Netflix account:
- Go to www.netflix.com and either download the app if you’re using a phone, tablet, etc., or log in to your account by clicking ‘Continue’ on your browser
- Find the user icon in the upper-right corner of the page
- Click on the icon and select ‘Your Account.’
- On the Your Account page, your list of movies and TV shows will be displayed
- Choose a movie/show you’d like to watch and select ‘Play’ or ‘Watch Now.’
- That’s it – you’re all set! Netflix will automatically play your content in order to sign out of your account:
You will see a message that says, “Your profile has been deleted.”
Select “Manage Profiles” from the menu
- Click on the name of your Netflix account (if you are not already signed in). This will take you to your account profile page, which lists the subscription plan you have chosen. If it says “Your Account” at the top right of the page, click on this to go back to your account home.
- Go to Manage Profiles by scrolling down until you see a link that says “Manage Profiles.”
- Click on “Add Profile.”
- Add a name for your new profile and choose whether they are an adult or a child under thirteen years old.
- Click on “Save.” You can now switch between profiles with ease using the drop-down list at the top left of the screen. This is especially useful if you have multiple Netflix profiles in one household.
Click On The “X” Next To The Profile You Want To Delete
- Click on the “X” located to the right of your profile name that you want to delete.
- Click on the box that says, ‘Confirm.’ This will remove this user from your Netflix library. They can no longer watch movies with you on your profile.
- Go back to the homepage by clicking on the blue button located at the upper left corner above the search bar and go all the way down until you see notifications where it says ‘Your Profile is empty
- A message should pop up saying ‘User Deleted’ confirming they have been successfully removed. Your profile is now empty!
- To add a new user/profile, follow steps 1-4 again but instead of clicking ‘X,’ click the plus sign and select ‘Add Profile.’ This will add a new user to your account.
Click On “Delete Profile” When Prompted.
Netflix and chill? It’s not always a fun time. Having the Netflix app on your computer may seem like a good idea, but it can be problematic when you need to reinstall or update your operating system. Many people don’t realize that selecting “Delete Profile” in the menu before uninstalling the application will save them from the arduous task of having to add their account back in when they install it again.
The process is easy and takes just seconds when you know where to look, so follow along with these steps:
- Click on “Sign In.”
- Scroll all the way down and click “Your Account.”
- Click on “Manage Profiles,” which is located in-between “(Profile name)” and “Sign out.”
- Click on the small “X” in the right-hand corner of your profile, or click on “Delete Profile.”
- Hit “Okay” when prompted with the window asking if you are sure you want to delete.
- This process will delete your current saved information, making reinstalling much easier in the future. Delete profiles before uninstalling any application to save yourself some aggravation down the road.
Netflix is a great resource for entertainment, but sometimes you may want to delete your profile from the site. We’ve shown you how to delete your Netflix profile in this post, so follow these steps and say goodbye to your account. Have any other questions about Netflix? Let us know, and we’ll be happy to help.
1. Will deleting my profile on Netflix delete my account
Deleting your profile from Netflix will not delete your account. Your account is associated with an email address and password, so deleting your profile will only remove the viewing history and recommendations associated with that profile.
2. How do I cancel my Netflix subscription?
To cancel your Netflix subscription, first sign in to your account. Then, click on “Your Account” and select “Cancel Membership.” You will then be prompted to confirm your cancellation. If you have any questions or problems canceling your subscription, please contact Netflix customer service.
3. Can I delete my Netflix account without deleting my profile?
Yes, you can delete your Netflix account without deleting your profile. To do this, go to the Netflix website and sign in. Once you are logged in, click on the “Your Account” link at the top of the page. Next, click on “Cancel Membership” under the “Membership and Billing” section. Then, click on “Finish Cancelling Your Membership” and follow the instructions to cancel your account.