It’s no secret that Snapchat has become the new social media darling. The popular social media app shows users a collection of selfie photos that disappear after being viewed by other users for a set amount of time. However, users soon discovered that videos and images from the Camera Roll can be backed up to the Snapchat app as well. If you’re wondering how to back up the camera roll to Snapchat, keep reading for the tips you need to get started.
How To Back-Up Camera Roll To Snapchat?
To back up your Camera Roll to Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app and select the “Settings” icon.
- Tap on “Privacy Settings”.
- Tap on “Camera Roll” and then tap on “Back Up Now!”.
- After backing up your Camera Roll, you will be prompted to select a storage location for the backup file you have just created. Select the desired location from the list of available options and tap “Save” on your iPhone or iPad device screen to save it to that particular location on your device or computer hard drive or to another location if you have multiple devices connected to a single computer as well as an SD card slot in your iOS device which can be used as a storage drive for photos, videos, music and other files that you want to transfer from one iOS device to another device with ease.
- You can also select to delete the backup file that you have just created if you don’t want to keep it on your iOS device or computer hard drive or SD card slot.
- Tap on “Back Up Now!” again and wait for the process to complete and the backup file will be saved on your selected storage location on your iOS device or computer hard drive or SD card slot.
- If you wish, you can also back up Camera Roll from Snapchat again in case you lose access to the Snapchat app for some reason. To do so, open the Snapchat app and tap on the “Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Privacy Settings” icon, and then tap on “Camera Roll” and then tap “Back Up Now!” again as shown in the above screenshot.
- Another way to back up Camera Roll is to use a third-party app such as Snapseed or Camera+ on an iOS device. Both apps are free to download and use. You can also use a free app called “Backup Camera Roll” which is available in the App Store for free.
- To back up your Camera Roll to Snapchat, you can also save it to iCloud Drive and then sync it with your other devices that have iCloud enabled.
- Another way to back up Camera Roll is to manually save the files on your computer hard drive or SD card slot, just follow these steps: 1. Open the Snapchat app and tap on the “Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Privacy Settings” icon, and then tap on “Camera Roll” and then tap “Save Now!” as shown in the above screenshot.
Save Images And Videos On Snapchat
1. Use Snapchat Filters
Snapchat Filters are fun and colorful little effects that you can add to your photos to make them look cool and interesting. For example, you can use the Rainbow filter to add rainbows to your photos. You can also use the Camera Filter to get cool looks for yourself or your friends. Snapchat has a variety of filters that you can use on your photos and videos. You can find them in the app by tapping on the “Camera” icon at the bottom of your screen and then tapping on “Filters” at the bottom of the screen, as shown in the above screenshot.
2. Save Your Photos with Memories
Snapchat Memories is a feature that enables you to save all of your Snaps in one place so that they’re easy to find when you need them later on. When enabled, Memories will save all of your Snaps automatically after they’re taken and it will even store them in the Memories section of your Snapchat app.
3. Use Snapcodes
Snapchat Snapcodes are small square images that you can add to your photos and videos. When a friend views your photo or video, they’ll be able to find it by looking at the Snapcode that you added. They’ll also be able to see which one of their friends has saved your photo or video, as shown below:
4. Save Your Photos with Snapchat Stories
Snapchat Stories are special features that enable you to create a story from one day to another and then share it with your friends on Snapchat. All of the Snaps that you take during the course of a story will automatically be uploaded and stored on Snapchat so that other people will be able to view them later on after they’ve been viewed by you or your friends. You can find out more about how Stories work here.
5. Take Screenshots With Your Phone’s Camera Button
If you’re using an iPhone or an Android device, you can use the Camera button on your screen to take a screenshot. You can then save the screenshot to your phone or send it to another person via text or email as desired.
6. Use iMessage
iMessage is Apple’s messaging service that enables you to send text and photo messages between your iPhone and other iOS devices, such as iPads. You can also save images from iMessages on your iPhone by opening them up in iMessage’s camera roll and then finding them in the app’s Messages section, as shown below:
7. Use iCloud Photo Library
iCloud Photo Library is Apple’s own cloud storage service that allows you to back up all of your photos and videos from all of your Apple devices so that they’re safe and secure at all times. To learn more about how to use the iCloud Photo Library, click here.
8. Use iCloud Photo Sharing
iCloud Photo Sharing is a feature that enables you to share your photos and videos with friends on other iOS devices and Macs. All of the photos that you upload to iCloud Photo Sharing will be stored on Apple’s servers so that they can be accessed from all of your other devices. To learn more about how to use iCloud Photo Sharing, click here.
9. Use Facebook for Business
Facebook for Business is a way for business pages to share content with their audiences on Facebook. You can use this feature to easily share content from your corporate website, blog, or social media accounts so that your fans can access it through Facebook. If you don’t have a company page yet, click here to get started today!
10. Use Instagram Direct Messaging
Instagram Direct Messages are messages sent between users who have both Instagram accounts. To send a message via Instagram Direct Message, you must first be following the person who sent you the message. Once you’re following them, you can then send them a Direct Message by clicking on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the Instagram app.
Now that you know how to back up your camera roll to Snapchat, the next thing you need to do is back up your photos and videos to your computer to make sure they’re safe. This can be done using the “Back Up” option in the Snapchat app or by navigating to your computer and thumbing through your Camera Roll to find the pictures you want to save. Once you’ve saved a copy of your photos and videos, you can safely delete them from your device to make room for more!