Installing exterior doors is something every homeowner has faced or will face, at one time or another. There are plenty of step-by-step guides on the right way to install replacement entry doors. However, there are some insider tips that these guides sometimes neglect to point out.
The following article is chock full of additional expert tips for the installation of exterior doors Toronto. Keep these handy when it comes time to properly install your replacement doors.
Expert Tips For Exterior Doors Installation
- Choose the best exterior doors for your home. One of the most important parts of entry door installation is deciding the right door style. Wood doors are indeed popular as they provide a traditional look and feel. However, if you are looking for energy efficiency, fiberglass doors are the way to go. Those who are concerned with home security might opt for fiberglass doors.
- Don’t skip on the sealant. While caulking is still the most common choice for sealing exterior doors, cement sealing is also a feasible option. Despite a slightly heftier price tag, cement sealant provides a much cleaner look. As well, it is known for its strong sealant properties.
- Proper exterior door insulation can help protect your home from the elements. Insulation is one of the best ways to protect your home from air drafts and water leaks. It is best to use insulation with high-density expanding foam that is both water-resistant and air-tight. This will help protect your home while lowering energy costs by preventing heat loss. Your home will be warm in the winter and cooler in the humid months.
- Locks: Home security is always a main concern when it comes to entry door installation. Modern locking systems are designed for optimum home security. Smart locks and keyless entry systems are also an option for Toronto homeowners. For added security, you can invest in a home alarm system as well as safety lights.
- Doorbell: If you are installing your door yourself, it is a good idea to have the doorbell installed by a professional electrician. The same applies to smart locks and keypads to ensure that they are properly installed.
- Aesthetic Appeal: In addition to being functional, your entry door says a lot about the overall vibe of your home. There are dozens of colors and designs for exterior doors. As well, you can opt for glass inserts and sidelights. An appealing front door will make your home feel warm and welcoming. As well, it can help boost both your curb appeal and the resale value of your Toronto area home.
- Consider professional exterior doors installation: It is recommended to opt for professional entry door installation. This is the best way to ensure that your doors are installed correctly. As well, most companies offer an extended warranty that will cover any issues that may arise with your replacement entry doors, including installation.
Contact your local windows and doors company Toronto for a free estimate for affordable exterior doors installation.