Do not have the bedroom as if it were a warehouse: boxes, books, papers, and clothes in the middle; the disorder is not very good
According to a US survey by the National Sleep Foundation, two-thirds of the 1,500 people between the ages of 25 and 55 think a tidy room is essential to get in the mood.
But if you’re thinking that picking up your boxers and socks is enough for your bedroom to become your love nest, think twice.
You can go further and upgrade your cave by swapping out your threadbare sheets for softer ones or just making sure it smells halfway decent.
7 Tips To Turn Your Room Into Your Refuge Space
- The first thing is to have a comfortable, beautiful, harmonious bed with the environment. Having a good mattress to help you rest is the most important thing.
- Use plain, light bedding made from natural materials, e.g., bamboo sheets. Add layers of contrasting dark tones to create an inviting and serene space. It is important that your bedding is for the size of your bed.
- Use neutral and light colors on your walls, which will help create serene environments and better lighting in your room. White, clean, and bright, it always works and combines with everything. Bright colors can tire your eyes.
- Opt for natural fibers such as linen and cotton that are specialists in caring for your skin.
- Remember to have the essentials because if you start filling your room with furniture and cushions, you may feel overwhelmed. Keep it simple.
- Include details that convey your styles, such as cushions, rugs, lamps, and even some wallpaper. Generally, grouping objects three by three works very well; the odd ones are better than the even ones.
- Aromatherapy is a way to personalize your room and relax. Aromas help a lot at bedtime; some that we recommend are light and pleasant perfumes or scents such as rose, lavender, lemon balm, and lily.
What Are Other Factors Important In Making Your Bedroom So Cozy?
Let’s see the quick list along with the importance attributed. Put your brain and check the things you have good and highlight the slopes:
- A comfortable mattress – 78% important for your sleep. We recommend ordering the sweet zzz mattress because it fills with organic wool.
- Sheets and bedding that feel comfortable – 73% importance
- Clean bedroom – 68% importance
- Proper temperature – 68% importance
- Comfortable pillows – 66% importance (if your pillow is balled up, the stuffing is old or yellow. It’s time to change it)
- Pleasant smell – 57% importance (don’t limit yourself to an odorizer. You can have some incense or a scented candle).
- Fresh, allergen-free air – 61% importance
- Darkroom – 53% importance (thick curtains can help)
- Calmness – 64% importance
So, what should you have in your bedroom to feel comfortable? Well, that’s up to you. But hopefully, the tips and ideas we’ve provided will give you a place to start when creating your own perfect comfort zone.
What are some of your favorite things to have in your bedroom? Let us know in the comments!