Are you looking to change up your post workout routine? Tired of the same old vanilla and chocolate protein powders? Shake it up with Orgain’s new Chai Latte Protein Powder. This delicious blend flavored after our favorite spiced tea latte is sure to delight the taste buds. Plus, it has all the benefits you’ve come to know and love from Orgain including:
- 21 grams of protein in each serving
- A complete Amino acid profile
- Silky smooth texture and taste
- No added sugars
- Non GMO
- Plant Based
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
- … and even Kosher
To celebrate the launch of another delicious and nutritious protein powder from Orgain here are a few recipe ideas to add a healthy pop of protein to your day.
Chai Latte Smoothie
Who doesn’t love a blended coffee drink in the morning? Usually these come from a trendy boutique cafe and are packed full of dairy, sugar, and other unhealthy options. Make one at home to start your day off with a bang after a refreshing sunrise yoga session.
To a blender add:
1 scoop of Orgain Chai Latte Protein Powder
1shot of espresso or ½ a cup of cold brew coffee
A handful of ice cubes
One teaspoon of maple syrup or honey
One cup of unsweetened oat milk (or plant based milk of choice)
Blend until ice is crushed and smoothie has a smooth consistency
Optional: top with coconut whipped cream (or other plant based whipped cream) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Optional: If you like your smoothie a little creamier you could add 1 tbsp greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt.
Chai Latte Overnight Oats
Mornings can feel like a big rush and sometimes a healthy and nutritious breakfast is the last thing on your mind. We don’t always have time to make an epic breakfast. Meal prepping can be a great solution! By prepping our breakfast the night before we can start our day with a healthy meal – rather than reaching for the super sugary muffin from the breakroom. Overnight oats are one of the easiest breakfast meal preps, and adding Orgain’s protein powder ensures you’ll have enough protein to stay satiated all day.
Simply throw these ingredients in a mason jar before bed and give it a little stir. You’ll have a delicious cinnamon spiced oatmeal ready as soon as you wake up.
1 scoop Orgain Chai Latte Protein Powder
½ cup of Old Fashioned Oats (not instant)
¾ cup of unsweetened oat milk (or other plant based milk)
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp of your favorite nut butter (we love this with almond butter, if you have a nut allergy you can leave this out)
1 cup frozen berries
In the morning you can top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, some crushed pecans, and a few extra blueberries. Or just dig in!
Apple Pie Chai Latte Muffins
Make a big batch of these protein packed muffins with Orgain’s newest protein powder as the secret ingredient. This is a great recipe to use up your overripe bananas.The touch of cinnamon and robust coffee flavor combined with apples and cinnamon will make a perfect morning treat – without all the added sugar. Or have one in the afternoon for a post workout pick me up that tastes just like dessert!
1 cup Orgain Chai Latte Protein Powder
2 cups rolled oats
3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup when mashed)
1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or plant based milk of choice)
¼ coconut oil
1-2 chopped apples (about 1 cup)
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp + ½ cup maple syrup separated (or to your preference of sweetness the bananas do add some natural sweetness)
⅓ cup chopped walnuts
⅓ cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Prepare a 12-muffin pan with muffin cups or lightly grease pan with oil spray or coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine 1 tbsp maple syrup, chopped apples, and cinnamon. Allow to maccerate.
- Make your own oat flour by pulsing 1 cup of rolled oats in your blender or food processor until fine, about 45 seconds
- In a large bowl combine oat flour with reserved 1 cup rolled oats, protein powder, and baking powder. If using chopped walnuts and/or raisins add them in. Gently mix.
- Melt coconut oil until liquid either in a saucepan or microwave. Be cautious not to overheat, you want to avoid burning the other ingredients. Allow to gently cool but not solidify.
- Add mashed banana and milk to liquid coconut oil. Whisk until smooth and evenly combined.
- Gradually add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins
- Optional: top with a sprinkle of crushed walnuts, cinnamon, and coconut sugar
- Bake in over 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.