A durag is a type of hat that covers your natural hair completely, from the forehead to the back of the head. The style and look of your natural hair are completely hidden when you wear a durag. Many people who are not comfortable with their natural hair or want to embrace another persona for a period of time use a durag as a hiding place for their natural hair. A bandana is another form of covering your natural hair if you’re not ready to expose it yet. Read on to find out how to tie a durag with a bandana so that you look good no matter what mood you’re in.
How To Tie A Durag With A Bandana
- The first step in tying a durag with a bandana is to place the bandana on your head. Wrap it around your head, making sure that the part where the bandana overlaps is on top of your forehead. There are different ways of tying a bandana. You can choose any style you like or feel comfortable using.
- The next step in tying a durag with a bandana is to take the long end of the durag and tie it around your head, over the part where you have placed the bandana.
- You can tuck in some hair at this point if you want to hide them completely, but this will also make them harder to find when you wish to uncover them later on. If you wish to leave some hair out, just push them back as far as possible so that they are not visible from underneath the durag or bandana.
- Now take both ends of the durag and tie them together tightly over your head so that they cover all of your hair completely and do not fall off easily.
- Your durag is now ready to wear. You can wear it with anything you like, but it looks best when you wear it with a suit and tie, a tuxedo, or even a nice pair of pants and a shirt.
- Once you are done wearing your durag or bandana, you can undo the knot and shake out your hair so that they fall down naturally.
- If you wish to remove the bandana or durag completely, just pull it off your head normally.
- You will notice that some of your hair will have been hidden underneath the bandana or durag for some time now and may have formed tangles because of this prolonged exposure. To get rid of these tangles, just brush them gently with a soft bristle brush while they are still wet from being under the bandana or durag for so long, and then rinse them thoroughly in warm water to get them clean again before letting them dry naturally without brushing them anymore until they are dry.
- If you want to wash your hair after placing them under a bandana or durag for any length of time, make sure that you do not use any conditioner on these particular strands as this will only make tangles worse if not removed immediately after washing the rest of your hair.
Why Wear A Durag?
- A durag is a great way for you to explore your hair. If you are ready to embrace your natural hair, but are not ready to show it, a durag is the perfect way for you to explore your hair in public before making a full commitment and showing it off everywhere you go.
- A durag is a great protective covering for your natural hair. If you have natural hair but have been experiencing some breakage because of the way that it’s been styled, an acrylic durag will protect your hair from further damage while still enabling you to enjoy the way that it looks.
- A durag can be worn by anybody with any type of hair, no matter their race or ethnicity. Wearing a durag is not about race or ethnicity; it’s about expressing yourself through the look of your natural hair as well as giving yourself some time to get comfortable with what that looks like and how others react when they see it.
- Wearing a durag allows you to have fun with different hairstyles without having to worry about damaging your actual natural hair underneath the cover of the hat or bandana.=
- A durag allows you to experiment with different styles and cuts without having to worry about damaging your actual natural hair underneath the cover of the hat or bandana.
When To Wear A Durag And Bandana Together
- If you’re going out on the town and want to look a little more stylish without doing much.
- If you don’t want to wear a hat that covers your entire head, but still want to cover your natural hair for whatever reason.
- If you are bald and want to cover up your head – buy a durag with a bandana attached to it and put it on the back of your head so that the bandana is in front of your head. This will give you the appearance of having hair even if you do not have any hair on your head!
When To Wear The Durag Only
- You want to cover your natural hair and not expose it yet.
- You want to be in a persona that you are not ready to let everyone know about yet.
- You are going out with friends who don’t know you personally.
- You don’t want people looking at your hair when you’re trying to focus on something else.
- You are a celebrity who wants to keep their identity secret or you’re in the military or law enforcement and do not want your enemy to know who you are by looking at your face from a distance, etc.
When To Wear The Bandana Only
- If you want to wear your natural hair without covering it up.
- If you’re going to be active and sweat a lot.
- If you’re going to the beach, pool party, or another place outdoors where you want to protect your real hair from the sun and water.
A durag and a bandana are two types of head wraps that are often worn together. The durag is a cloth that is wrapped around your head and tied at the back of your head. Your natural hair is completely hidden when you wear a durag. The bandana is another type of covering your natural hair. There are several ways that you can wear a durag with a bandana. You can wear a durag with a bandana around your head and neck or around your head, neck, mouth, and nose. You can also wear the bandana only around your head and neck or around your head and neck only.