Are you looking for a way to generate feedback and measure the success of your video content? If so, then you should check out how to make a poll on YouTube. This easy-to-use tool can help you gather data about your audience and measure the effectiveness of your content. Plus, it’s perfect for videos that need more feedback than just “thumbs up” or “thumbs down.”
How To Make A Poll On Youtube
- To start out, you need to have a YouTube channel.
- Next, you need to create a video that needs user feedback.
- Now, you’re going to add the poll feature to your video so that users can vote on different options.
- Once the poll is created, you’re ready to start gathering data!
- You can use the data you gathered from your viewers and make changes based on their votes and feedback!
- Now that you have a poll on your YouTube video, you can use this tool to find out the most popular questions and answers!
- To continue, check out how to make a poll on YouTube!
What You Need To Start A Poll On Youtube
- Write your poll question. Our favorite poll questions are: “What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?”
- Write the options for the poll question. You can use bullet points or a list of items for each option.
- Add in the options to your video description and title tags (optional). This will help viewers find your content and give you more exposure to the right audience.
- Publish! That’s all there is to it! Your audience will have the opportunity to participate in your video, which is a great way to get engagement on YouTube and measure how well it’s doing with them.
- Analyze data! Once you have collected data, you can create an infographic that shows what types of content perform best on YouTube, what kind of video length works best, and more!
How To Use The Poll Tool In Your Videos
- The first thing you need to do is create a poll on YouTube. You can do this by clicking on the “create a poll” button on your video page.
- Once you’ve created a poll, select the options that you would like to see in your survey. This will depend on what kind of questions you want to ask and how many options you want to list in your survey. For example, if you’re making a video about food then the options should include “Which food do you think is best?” and “How much money would it take for you to buy one of these foods?”
- Add question options by typing the name of each option into the text field in front of them, separated by commas (if there are more than one). For example, if I were making a video about pizza then I could add “cheese pizza” as a choice for my survey question or I could type “cheese pizza”, “pizza”, “pizza slice” or “pizza with cheese.”
- Once you’ve added all of your choices, click on the “create poll” button. You will then see a popup that looks like this:
- Click on the checkbox next to each question option and then click the “add poll” button below it. You will now see a pop-up that shows your results. You can also click on the green checkmark to save your survey and view or edit it later at any time. Once you save your survey, you can choose to share it anywhere that allows you to do so (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Finally, if you want to add an image as an option for your survey, then simply drag an image onto the text field in front of it and then click on the green checkmark when prompted
Check Out The Different Types Of Polls Available On YouTube
- The most common type of poll is the “yes/no” poll. This is where you will have a list of options and you will be asked to select one of those options. For example, if you are making a video about hiking then you could ask your audience which type of hiking they prefer: day hike or overnight hike.
- The “more than one choice” poll is similar to the “yes/no” poll but instead of having a list of choices, it has more than one option that can be chosen by the viewer. For example, if I were making a video about hiking and my audience wanted to know how much money they would have to spend on gear before they could go on an overnight hike, then I could create a “more than one choice” poll with the options being: $100+, $200+, $300+, etc.
- Another type of survey that you can make on YouTube is called a “multiple choice” survey. This type of survey is different from the “yes/no” and “more than one choice” polls because it has multiple choices. For example, if I were making a video about hiking and my audience wanted to know what type of hiking they prefer: day hike, overnight hike, or backpacking, then I could create a “multiple choice” poll with the options being: day hike, overnight hike or backpacking.
- The last type of survey that you can make on YouTube is called a “free text” survey. This type of poll is different from the other two types because it doesn’t have all the same questions as the other two types do. Instead, this is where you can just write whatever you want into the text field in front of each question option. For example, if I were making a video about hiking and my audience wanted to know what kind of hiking they prefer: day hike or overnight hike, then I could create a “free text” poll with the options being: day hike, overnight hike or backpacking.
Use The Poll Tool To Help Measure Your Success On YouTube
- The best way to use the poll tool on YouTube is by finding a video that has already been made by someone else.
- For example, if I were making a video about hiking and my audience wanted to know how much money they would have to spend on gear before they could go on an overnight hike, then I could find a video that had been made about hiking somewhere else on YouTube and copy the link from it into my post.
- Then I can just add the poll tool in front of my text so that people can click on the link and vote for what type of hiking they prefer: day hike, overnight hike, or backpacking.
- Sometimes, when you are making your own videos on YouTube, you will be asked if you want to be featured as one of your videos on another person’s channel. If this happens to you then you should definitely say yes because this will increase your views and views and lead to more subscribers which leads to more money (or at least that’s what it’s supposed to do).
- But if you don’t want to be featured on another person’s channel then you can always add the poll tool in front of your text so that people can reply with their choice.
In this guide, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to make a great poll on YouTube. From finding the right polling tool to using it to measure your success, we’ve got you covered. So make sure to check it out!