Botulinum toxin – one of the most popular substances for perfect skin rejuvenation and aging prevention. Its main purpose is to paralyze nerve endings and stop muscle contractions (also known as muscle spasms) in an individual to pause the occurrence of dynamic wrinkles on the facial surface. And, unlike dermal fillers, Botox needs some time to start working and demonstrate dissent skin improvement. Different facial areas require various times to be perfected, and here we would like to discuss this topic in more detail. Continue reading to find the answers to all your questions on this topic.
Before the article, we would like to remind everyone that solutions for Botox treatments are only available for purchase for licensed medical professionals. If you have a valid medical license, click here to purchase Allergan Botox online.
The Time Needed For The Botox Treatment To Work
Before talking about Botox’s durability and the time needed for it to work properly, let’s briefly discuss what it is and how does Botox work. As a muscle relaxant meant to stop muscle spasms and, as follows, prevent lines and wrinkles on the facial surface, botulinum toxin should be injected directly into the muscles for more efficient results.
After the administration session in the clinic, patients should use a specially planned aftercare plan (individually created for their personal needs) and wait for all adverse reactions in the treated area to disappear entirely. Usually, if Botox was injected properly, from three to five days are required for negative symptoms to fade away, and up to two weeks to demonstrate maximum results of the cosmetic procedure. All because the solution needs time to fully reach the nerve endings and stop their contractions; afterward, a few days are required to smooth out already existing aging signs. Also, don’t forget about the importance of personal body sensitivity when it comes to aesthetic treatments; people with different skin peculiarities and health conditions will react to the injectable differently.
The Uses Of Botox Injections For Facial Muscles Numbing
As a fabulous product for facial rejuvenation, Botox injected under the skin can be quite effective for various aesthetic purposes. Just like that, patients who seek treatment to preserve youthful appearance can choose botulinum toxins for the following purposes:
- Smile/forehead lines;
- Glabellar lines between the eyebrows;
- Crow’s feet in the eyes corners;
- Dynamic lines in the upper and mid-face areas.
Besides the usual botulinum toxin injections for aesthetic purposes, specialists may also administer Botox to treat certain health conditions, such as cervical dystonia, chronic migraine, severe neck pain, excessive sweating, and others. In order to know whether botulinum will be effective from the first treatment, we recommend consulting with a doctor in a clinic and mentioning all your body peculiarities and the history of diseases to make sure this procedure won’t cause any damage.
Limitations to the treatment session
Even though Botox is pretty safe and can be used for practically anyone, certain conditions should still be considered before the injection session to preserve one’s well-being and general health conditions. These issues mean that it is better to wait for the full recovery to reach maximum treatment’s effects or choose another option for skin rejuvenation (luckily, there are plenty of those in the cosmetic beauty world):
- Skin damage or inflammation in the/close to the target area;
- Any chronic diseases (diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, and so on);
- Current intake of the medications incompatible with the solution’s composition;
- Pregnancy or lactation period in women.
Once again, it is necessary to discuss all your needs with a medical expert to be sure nothing threatens a person and won’t be the reason for any harm.
The Perfect Routine For The Patient Before The Procedure
It is essential to understand that the finer the lines are, the more units of Botox are required; that means some people may need a few treatments to reach the expected results. Moreover, it is also possible to boost the effect by following a simple pre-treatment routine; it’s not complicated and will indeed positively influence the future recovery process. So, specialists recommend these steps before the upcoming appointment:
- 7 days before the aesthetic procedure, stop taking any blood-thinning medications. It includes such brands as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Motrin. Some other products should be cut off: vitamin E, omega-3 capsules, certain herbal supplements, and garlic. By avoiding these, the bruising after the procedure won’t be as bad, and recovery will take less time;
- 3 days before the treatment, avoid some topical anti-aging products. For example, after botulinum toxin injections, such products as Retinols, Retinoids, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, etc., can cause extra bruising and itching. Also, don’t try any cosmetic procedures, like waxing, tweezing, or bleaching. By the way, alcohol is a famous blood-thinner too, so don’t consume it three days before the session;
- Don’t apply makeup or many skincare products on the day of the treatment. A topical anesthetic may be applied before the Botox administration to minimize unpleasant sensations caused by the needle insertion. After the session is finished, a medical specialist may massage the treated zone for a better effect, but it is not recommended to do it on your own in order not to make the situation worse.
Botulinum toxin injections are effective, safe, and able to provide impressive results in a very short time. Usually, up to two weeks are needed for Botox to start working properly and show decent rejuvenation effects. The treatment itself is fast and takes no longer than thirty minutes; however, some individuals need more than one injection session to reach set goals. The great reputation of Botox is the best proof of its fabulous work, so don’t hesitate if you’ve been thinking about trying this excellent procedure!