Health has been one of the rising domains, with several knowledge sources popping up. While there is no shortcut to achieving good health, people still try to adopt a few remedies. Ever heard of turmeric and its high-rising benefits? We are sure you have at least heard of turmeric if you have not used it.
Turmeric is a core ingredient of many Indian dishes to add flavor and color and gain health benefits. In recent years, turmeric supplements have surfaced in the market, making people wonder if it is better than the spice version.
To speculate the matter more deeply, we will do some fact-checking. This article is a comparison of powdered turmeric and turmeric supplements. Let’s dig deeper and extract the answers!
Why Is Turmeric Beneficial?
Turmeric has been a hot ingredient for centuries for its valuable health benefits and ability to enhance the taste. People from ancient times swear by turmeric and how wonderfully it cures every issue one may have. Here are some of the key benefits of turmeric you may be missing out on:
- Turmeric is a great antibacterial that helps in healing wounds faster.
- It helps in stopping bleeding and gets rid of marks left behind.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which help people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Its antioxidant properties are great as they help in reducing oxidative stress.
- Due to its high curcumin content, it works wonderfully to keep degenerative diseases at bay.
- Its antibacterial and healing properties make it an integral part of many skin care products.
Is Turmeric More Beneficial Or Curcumin?
Most people only praise turmeric and its ability to fight various diseases. However, the hero substance is Curcumin Longa which is the main antioxidant. Curcumin is potent and loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. However, people with osteoporosis and diabetes have difficulty absorbing curcumin from turmeric.
Turmeric is rich in curcumin, but it only makes 3% of it. Sometimes, we don’t have enough curcumin content in our day for it to effectively boost our health. Most people suggest taking curcumin with black pepper for better absorption.
As the popularity of curcumin is surfacing, people have realized that their daily turmeric intake is not enough. Hence, people are inclined toward turmeric supplements to fulfill their daily curcumin intake. Are turmeric supplements as effective as a spice? This question pops up in people’s minds the most, and we are answering it.
Are Turmeric Supplements As Effective As Of The Spice Version?
The debate of turmeric supplements vs. spices has been ongoing for many years. People still find it hard to figure out if turmeric supplements would be better or the spice. We are here to sort out things for you:
- Turmeric has a curcumin substance rich in antioxidants and retains most health benefits.
- Turmeric only has a 3% curcumin density which does not deliver a sufficient amount when using the spice.
- You will obtain 96% more curcumin through turmeric supplements than spice itself.
- Having a turmeric supplement is more feasible than having powder turmeric.
- Each tablet holds enough curcumin content for daily use to extract maximum health benefits.
What Is The Best Time To Have Turmeric Supplements?
There are not many limitations when it comes to having turmeric supplements. You can either have turmeric in the morning or at night. Having turmeric during the day with other supplements works best for better absorption of nutrients and delivers many antioxidants.
On the other hand, you can also have it at night as it might help with enhancing your sleep quality. At night, people have turmeric milk to keep viral fevers at bay, maintain bone health, and deliver nutrients. Hence, having the best turmeric supplement at night can help improve your health.
On the other hand, experts also suggest having turmeric supplements as healthy fats help better absorption after your meal. However, turmeric supplements during the day work best to jump-start your metabolism.
Turmeric may be the king of spices, but curcumin in it is undoubtedly the show’s star. You cannot get the curcumin content required daily through the spice only. Hence, it is better to opt for turmeric supplements with 96% more curcumin content. Always consult a specialist before taking any supplements.