Do you love streaming movies and TV shows? If so, you need to check out Plex! Plex is a media player that allows you to stream content from your computer or phone to your TV. It’s a great alternative to Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services. In this blog post, we will show you how to use Plex with Roku. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to set it up. So what are you waiting for? Start streaming today!
How To Use Plex With Roku?
- Install the Plex App on Roku: The first step is to install the Plex app on your Roku device. To do this, launch the Roku Channel Store and search for “Plex.” Once found, select “Add channel” and wait for it to be installed.
- Connect Your Plex Account: Once the app is installed, you will need to connect your Plex account. To do this, open the app and select “Sign In,” and enter your username and password.
- Add Media Sources: Next, you need to add media sources such as movies or TV shows that are stored on your computer or phone. To do this, select “Add Media Sources” and follow the instructions.
- Stream Content: Now that you have media sources added, you can begin streaming content. To do this, select “Stream” from the main menu in the Plex app and choose which movie or TV show you want to watch.
- Adjust Settings: You can adjust the settings in Plex to get the most out of your streaming experience. To do this, select “Settings” and then choose “Streaming Settings” or “Display Settings.”
- Create Playlists: You can create playlists to access shows or movies that you often watch easily. To do this, select “Create Playlist” on the main menu in the Plex app and add movies or TV shows that you want to watch.
- Enable Live TV: If you have a compatible tuner, you can enable live TV within Plex. To do this, select “Enable Live TV” and then follow the instructions to set it up.
- Set Up Voice Control: If you have an Amazon Echo device, you can set up voice control with Plex and Roku. To do this, launch the Alexa app on your phone and select “Add a Skill,” and then search for “Plex.”
- Add Subtitles: You can add subtitles to your movies and TV shows. To do this, select “Settings” and then choose “Subtitle Settings.” Here, you can turn on or off the subtitles as well as configure the language options.
- Update Plex: Finally, make sure that you update Plex regularly in order to get the most out of your streaming experience. To do this, launch the Plex app and select “Settings,” and then “Check for Updates.”
Additional Features Of Plex That You Can Take Advantage Of
- Sync Content: You can sync content across devices, so you can watch movies or TV shows even when you don’t have access to the internet.
- Share with Friends and Family: You can easily share your Plex library with friends and family members.
- Stream Music: You can stream music from your computer or phone to your TV.
- Organize Content: You can organize your content into playlists and easily access the shows or movies that you watch often.
- Download Videos: You can download videos from Plex and watch them offline.
- Set Parental Controls: You can set parental controls to decide what content your kids can access.
- Add Plugins: You can add plugins to Plex, such as trailers and extra features, to enhance your streaming experience.
- Set Up a Home Theater System: You can set up a home theater system with Plex and play surround sound audio on your TV.
- Stream from Cloud Services: You can stream content from cloud services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Add Virtual Reality Content: You can add virtual reality content to your library and watch it using a compatible headset.
Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Your Plex/Roku Setup
- Make sure your internet connection is fast and reliable.
- Add media sources like Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services to expand your library.
- Set up parental controls so that you can decide what content is accessible to certain family members.
- Set up voice control with Plex/Roku for easier navigation of the app.
- Update your Plex/Roku software regularly to get access to new features and improvements.
- Organize content into playlists so that you can easily access your favorite shows or movies.
- Enable streaming of music from your computer or phone directly to your TV with Plex/Roku.
- Connect external storage devices to your TV for more storage.
- Take advantage of extra features like plugins and trailers to enhance your streaming experience.
- Stream content from cloud services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive, directly to your TV with Plex/Roku.
With Plex and Roku, you can easily stream content from your computer or phone to your TV. It’s a great way to watch movies, TV shows, music, and more without having to worry about cable contracts or internet connection speeds. You can take advantage of features like voice control, parental controls, plugins, and trailers to enhance your streaming experience. Make sure to update your Plex/Roku software regularly and set up parental controls if needed. With Plex and Roku, you can easily transform your TV into a home theater system.
Q: What is the difference between Plex and Roku?
A: Plex is a media server that allows you to stream content from your computer or phone to your TV. Roku is a digital media player that streams content from the internet directly to your TV. Together, they provide an easy way for you to stream all of your favorite movies and TV shows.
Q: Can I watch live TV with Plex?
A: Yes, you can watch live TV with Plex. You need to sign up for a Plex Pass subscription to access the live TV feature.
Q: Does Roku have parental controls?
A: Yes, Roku has parental control settings that allow you to decide what content can be accessed by certain family members.