Gel nail polish is the newest and greatest way to get your nails ready for the weekend. All you need are your favorite gel polish and a set of regular, ungloved, natural nails. You don’t even need to wear gloves! Gel nail polish is a type of nail polish that contains a rubber base that hardens when the polish dries. This means that the gel polish doesn’t chip and peel off as regular polish would. Gel polish is usually a smooth, glossy polish that’s hard enough to protect your natural nails without being too firm. Gel polish is also known as press-on nail polish, over-the-nail polish, or acrylic nail polish.
If you’ve been looking for an easy, no-fuss way to get your gorgeous nails ready for the weekend, then gel nail polish might be the perfect solution for you. Keep reading to discover how to put gel polish on press-on nails. You can also try these variety of short press on nails.
Can you put gel polish on press-on nails?
Technically, you can put gel polish on press-on nails, but it would be difficult and require a lot of patience. In order to apply gel polish to press-on nails, the nail must be completely dry before the gel polish is applied to it. If the nail isn’t completely dry then you risk ruining your manicure by having it chip off or peel off.
What Is Gel Nail Polish?
- Gel nail polish is a type of nail polish that contains a rubber base that hardens when the polish dries. This means that the gel polish doesn’t chip and peel off as regular polish would. Gel nail polish is usually a smooth, glossy polish that’s hard enough to protect your natural nails without being too firm.
- Gel nail polish is also known as press-on nail polish, over-the-nail nail polish, or acrylic nail paint.
- There are two types of gel nails: regular and extended wear. Regular gel nails are usually applied in 30-60 minutes and last for 2 weeks with proper care and removal (See Step 5 below). Extended wear gel nails can be applied in 15 minutes and last for 5-10 days with proper care.
- Regular gel nails are applied like regular polishes but they don’t contain any pigments or dyes so they can only be used on natural nails. Extended wear gel nails are applied like regular polish but they contain pigments and dyes that allow them to be used on both natural and artificial nails.
- Regular gel polishes are typically applied in 30-60 minutes, but you can also apply them in 15 minutes if you’re in a hurry. To apply gel polish, first, peel off the paper backing from the top of the bottle and dip a small, flat brush into the bottle of gel polish. Then, use your fingers to spread the polish evenly over all of your nails.
How To Put Gel Nail Polish On Your Nails
- Clean your nails thoroughly before starting to apply gel polish. You can use a nail brush, cotton swab, or a special nail cleansing pad designed for gel polishes.
- Apply a base coat to your nails and wait for it to dry completely.
- Then, apply the gel polish.
- To apply extended wear gel nails, remove the paper backing from the top of the bottle of gel polish and place it over your natural nail for about 30 seconds until it adheres to your nail. Then, carefully press down on the paper so that you get an even coat of polish over all of your nails including around your cuticles and tips.
- Once you’re done applying the gel polish, cover up any visible white spots on your nails with a clear base color or another color.
- To put gel polish on your fingernails, hold the bottle at an angle and gently press it against your nails. For longer fingernails, you may want to apply a base coat first.
- After you’ve finished applying the gel polish, trim any excess nails with nail clippers and file them down if necessary.
The Pros Of Gel Nail Polish
- Gel polish is a relatively new type of nail polish that’s been around for only about 10 years. This means that there are still many new and exciting colors to choose from.
- Gel nail polish lasts longer than other types of polishes because it doesn’t chip or peel off as regular polish would.
- Gel nail polish is also known as a no-chip manicure, no-chip gel manicure, or no-chip gel manicure.
- Gel nails will be more durable than regular nails because they don’t absorb moisture, which can cause them to break easily and chipping can be an issue with regular nails as well.
- You don’t need to remove the gel nail polish before doing anything else in your day because it doesn’t chip or peel off like regular finger paint would do when you do things like washing your hands, getting dressed, or exercising
The Cons Of Gel Nail Polish
- Gel nail polish is an easy way to get pretty nails, but it’s not a miracle cure. If you have nails that are already hard and strong, gel nail polish might not be the best option for you.
- If you have oily skin, your fingers could become very shiny and sticky when you apply regular gel polishes. This means that they can be easily smudged or smeared if you don’t keep them clean.
- Gel polish tends to chip and peel off much faster than regular polish, so it’s important to take proper care when applying them so they last as long as possible. Regular gel polishes can last for 2 weeks with proper care before requiring a re-polish or replacement, but extended wear gel nail polishes can last for up to 10 days with proper care before requiring a re-polish or replacement.
- Regular gel polishes can only be used on natural nails because they don’t contain any pigments or dyes, so they can only be used on your natural nails. This is also true for extended wear gel polishes.
- Regular gel polishes are usually applied in 30-60 minutes, but you can also apply them in 15 minutes if you’re in a hurry. To apply gel polish, first, peel off the paper backing from the top of the bottle and dip a small, flat brush into the bottle of gel polish. Then, use your fingers to spread the polish evenly over all of your nails.
How To Remove Gel Nail Polish
- To remove your new gel polish, use a soft cotton pad soaked in acetone. (Acetone is the same type of nail polish remover that you would use to remove nail polish.)
- Clean your nails with the cotton pad and then buff them to a shine with a clean cloth.
- Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails for at least two weeks before applying gel polish. Then apply one or two coats of clear topcoat to seal in the color and prevent chipping or peeling.
- When you’re ready to remove your gel nail polish, use acetone again to remove the remaining polish. You can also use a special remover for gel polish, but make sure to read the label first.
- If you’re using gel nail polish on your nails for the first time, it is recommended that you allow your nails to air dry for 24 hours before applying any other type of polish or nail treatment.
- To remove regular gel nail polish, use a soft cotton pad soaked in acetone and gently wipe it off of your nails in one direction.
- To remove extended wear gel nail polish, soak a cotton pad in acetone and wrap a strip of tape around it to protect your skin from irritation.
Gel nail polish is a popular and popular trend these days. Whether you are a beginner or have been using it for a while, it is important to be aware of the risks associated with using it. First, gel nail polish is not waterproof, so if you are wet or have water on your nails, the gel will not last long. Second, gel nail polish can cause skin irritation. Third, gel nail polish can take a long time to dry, so be patient if you want to put it on your nails quickly. Finally, be sure to use caution when trying to remove gel nail polish – some people experience strong reactions when trying to remove it.